Thursday, February 9, 2012

What if?

What kind of technology would you use to teach if money was not an issue? 
    (I'm an Upper School Math Teacher at an International School in China with an American curriculum.  If I was to grade myself on National Educational Technology Standards (NETS) it wouldn't be an epic fail...but at most average.  So I do not fear but I dream on.  I picture myself sitting on Santa's lap sharing my wishes...)
1.  Smart board (currently I use a student at my desk to click on my computer for me as I teach moving around the classroom)
2.  White board paint on the walls (When I run out of board space now I must raise my projector screen)
3.  Computerized agenda board (It is such a bummer when the nice straight lines and homework I wrote down get erased by someone's bustling backpack)
4.  Online school management system with gradebook software (I've lost too many tests sending them home with student's to get the parent's signature to confirm grade communication)
5.  Unlimited Internet & Technology support (I am beginning a Master's of Education course in order to help myself and my students in our quest for knowledge)


What about you?  What kind of technology would you use to teach if money was not an issue? 

No comments:

Post a Comment