Thursday, February 16, 2012

How can I help you?

"How can I help you?"
      What do your students want?  Do they just want to watch a video when they are in your class?  …listen to a tutor and watch a whiteboard presentation?...or do they want you to "edutain" them?  
     What can you do with your colored whiteboard markers?  Can you make them laugh?...make them understand? …make them curious for more?...make them ask questions? 
     Is your homework the first one they choose to do in study hall?...or do they save the best for last?  
If someone were to ask me "How can I help you?":
  • I would've liked to see many complete math curriculum options side-by-side before paying to have one delivered.
  • I would like someone to show me all the bells & whistles that go along with my new math curriculum.  
  • I would like texts and tests with out typos.  
  • I like being able to quickly look up any questions that I can't answer on the internet.
  • I would like all educational software to be free online.  
  • I would like more technology professional development in order to troubleshoot my lesson plans when things go wrong electronically.
On a scale from 1 to 5 where 5 is best, rate yourself on the following questions:
How well prepared do you feel for 21st century teaching and learning?
I rate myself a 4 because I am doing a lot with what I have:  videos, powerpoint, graphing calculators, laser pointer, etc.
Do your students leave your classroom equipped for success using 21st century skills?   
I rate myself a 4 because my students move on to another next academic step by scoring well on the SAT and being accepted to College.
What would you say when asked "How can I help you?"?

No comments:

Post a Comment