Thursday, March 22, 2012

What are you afraid of?

What are you afraid of?

     I have gone without internet several times each week at school and even at home.  Even my scientific calculator needed troubleshooting for calculating trigonometric functions by changing the mode to degrees.  Technology can not do everything for me.  For instance our graphing calculators can not multiply and divide polynomials.  I offered my student a choice to download an application or to write a program in order to multiply and divide the polynomials.  He chose to input a program (which we found on the internet).  Of course we ran into a problem...I was able to solve it an hour later.  Things would go much smoother if we did not have all this fancy technology...but I would not choose to go without Skyping my family, a cell phone, a washing machine & dryer, refrigerator, microwave, you name it.

     Next school year we will have a computer lab--I hope it comes with IT support.  We do have a friend who is gearing up to come back to Xi'an as a Media teacher. Yay!

What are you afraid of?

No comments:

Post a Comment